A fun and educational week was had by all during Science Week, as students explored this year's theme of Future Earth. The focus of Future Earth is to advance global sustainability science.
Students participated in the following activities:
- A Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony with Wurundjeri Elder, Perry Wandin to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land and celebrate the work that has gone into developing our indigenous garden.
- An Energy Incursion delivered by CERES, which gave students an insight into how everyday items are powered and how they can use energy sustainably.
- Science Night, which was a huge success and allowed Monty families to participate in experiments, engineering challenges and play games designed by our Senior Code Club.
- A visit from Dr Sam Grover, a soil scientist from Latrobe University who shared her book and encouraged everyone to get their hands dirty exploring the soil in our school.
- A Grade 5/6 Biodiversity Action Day, which allowed our students to work on improving our school gardens and researching plants to extend our indigenous garden.