NEWS & EVENTS
A fun and educational week was had by all during Science Week, as students explored this year's theme of Future Earth. The focus of Future Earth is to advance global sustainability science.
Students participated in the following activities:
- A Welcome to Country and Smoking Ceremony with Wurundjeri Elder, Perry Wandin to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land and celebrate the work that has gone into developing our indigenous garden.
- An Energy Incursion delivered by CERES, which gave students an insight into how everyday items are powered and how they can use energy sustainably.
- Science Night, which was a huge success and allowed Monty families to participate in experiments, engineering challenges and play games designed by our Senior Code Club.
- A visit from Dr Sam Grover, a soil scientist from Latrobe University who shared her book and encouraged everyone to get their hands dirty exploring the soil in our school.
- A Grade 5/6 Biodiversity Action Day, which allowed our students to work on improving our school gardens and researching plants to extend our indigenous garden.
We are respectful at Monty! We recently held our first Parent Action and Student Action team meetings, led by our Health and Wellbeing consultant Kate Wilde. The conversations and enthusiasm from both parents and students about this initiative was a perfect start as we aim to embed a culture of inclusivity, equity and respect. For more information about this DET initiative click here.
Monty Disco Trivia Night
The Monty PS Trivia night was held on September 8th and was a huge success. Organised by our amazing P&F and hosted by our very own teachers, Mr & Mrs Kechayas, the night raised over $5000. With a fun Disco theme and a range of interactive trivia rounds, the night kicked on until midnight with teachers and parents dancing together and rocking out to the classics. Great Monty spirit and lots of fun all round!
Book Week at Monty
Book Week at Monty was celebrated with daily activities in the Library, such as reading stories and learning to draw a comic strip. We also enjoyed the company of our hilarious special guest author XXX. Book Week wouldn't be Book Week without our annual parade where all students (and staff) enjoyed parading around dressed as their favourite book character. What a week!